By Peter L. Myers,Richard E. Isralowitz
This textual content offers up to date, finished, and obtainable information regarding alcohol use in western society and different cultures.
• offers a chronological presentation of alcohol intake in global cultures, American society, public coverage, and comparable issues
• encompasses a bibliography and index to facilitate additional analyzing and direct entry to info on particular topics
Read or Download Alcohol (Health and Medical Issues Today) PDF
Best popular culture books
This quantity collects a wide-ranging pattern of unpolluted analyses of Spider-Man. It traverses limitations of medium, style, epistemology and self-discipline in essays either insightful and passionate that stream ahead the learn of 1 of the world's so much loved characters. The editors have crafted the publication for lovers, creators and teachers alike.
Learn Paper (undergraduate) from the yr 2010 within the topic Sociology - Media, artwork, tune, grade: none, , language: English, summary: French composer Ravel, “a infamous pupil” of Faure, before everything of his educational and tune profession had a difficult time making his identify within the musical enviornment. in the course of his educational years on the Paris Conservatory he failed concord 3 consecutive years, and attempted 5 instances to win Prix de Rome yet good fortune used to be now not with him so he didn't be successful.
In Mismatched girls, writer Jennifer Fleeger introduces readers to a lineage of ladies whose voices don't "match" their our bodies by means of traditional expectancies, from George du Maurier's literary Trilby to Metropolitan Opera singer Marion Talley, from Snow White and dozing attractiveness to Kate Smith and Deanna Durbin.
The struggle in American tradition explores the function of global battle II within the transformation of yank social, cultural, and political lifestyles. international battle II posed a drawback for American tradition: to defeat the enemy, americans needed to unite around the classification, racial and ethnic obstacles that had lengthy divided them.
- Japan Pop: Inside the World of Japanese Popular Culture: Inside the World of Japanese Popular Culture
- Joachim Andersen: A Bio-Bibliography (Bio-Bibliographies in Music)
- Girlhood on Disney Channel: Branding, Celebrity, and Femininity (Routledge Advances in Television Studies)
- Fandom: Identities and Communities in a Mediated World
- Contested Images: Women of Color in Popular Culture
Additional resources for Alcohol (Health and Medical Issues Today)