By Ian Stuart-Hamilton
Read or Download An Introduction to Gerontology PDF
Similar gerontology books
Speak of a demographic time bomb isn't really new. The concept first entered public attention a while in the past, yet there's a loss of readability approximately what such speak is basically all approximately. growing old populations are obvious either as a possibility and a chance. there's trouble approximately discrimination opposed to older staff, whilst there's difficulty a few scarcity of labour.
Governments are encouraging later-life operating and kingdom pension a while are being raised. there's additionally a starting to be debate on intergenerational fairness and on ageism/age discrimination. John Macnicol, certainly one of Europe's top educational analysts of previous age and getting old, examines the impact of neoliberalism at the fresh growing older and social coverage schedule within the united kingdom and america.
Do you suspect human existence is inherently priceless? regrettably, within the secularized age of state-sanctioned euthanasia and abortion-on-demand, many are wasting religion within the easy price of human lifestyles. To the disappointed, people are a cosmic coincidence whose intrinsic price is worthy not more than different animals.
Getting older and Milieu: Environmental views on growing older is a set of essays that provides perception into the world of aging-environment learn. The publication focuses totally on the actual, phenomenological, cultural, social, and scientific environmental context of an outdated individual. half I explores substitute conceptions of getting older and milieu.
- Annual Review of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Volume 32, 2012: Emerging Perspectives on Resilience in Adulthood and Later Life (Annual Review of Gerontology & Geriatrics)
- Advancing Gerontological Social Work Education (Journal of Gerontological Social Work)
- Public Policy and the Old Age Revolution in Japan
- Aging in Place: The Role of Housing and Social Supports
- Universal Design as a Rehabilitation Strategy: Design for the Ages
Additional info for An Introduction to Gerontology