By John W. Swain,B.J. Reed
Read or Download Budgeting for Public Managers PDF
Similar gerontology books
Speak of a demographic time bomb isn't new. The idea first entered public cognizance your time in the past, yet there's a loss of readability approximately what such speak is absolutely all approximately. growing old populations are noticeable either as a risk and a chance. there's obstacle approximately discrimination opposed to older staff, even as there's quandary a few scarcity of labour.
Governments are encouraging later-life operating and country pension a long time are being raised. there's additionally a becoming debate on intergenerational fairness and on ageism/age discrimination. John Macnicol, certainly one of Europe's top educational analysts of previous age and growing old, examines the impact of neoliberalism at the fresh growing older and social coverage schedule within the united kingdom and the united states.
Do you think human existence is inherently necessary? regrettably, within the secularized age of state-sanctioned euthanasia and abortion-on-demand, many are wasting religion within the easy worth of human lifestyles. To the dissatisfied, people are a cosmic twist of fate whose intrinsic worth is worthy not more than different animals.
Getting older and Milieu: Environmental views on getting older is a suite of essays that offers perception into the world of aging-environment examine. The booklet focuses totally on the actual, phenomenological, cultural, social, and scientific environmental context of an outdated individual. half I explores replacement conceptions of getting older and milieu.
- Great Myths of Aging (Great Myths of Psychology)
- Mental Health and Spirituality in Later Life
- Challenges of Aging on U.S. Families: Policy and Practice Implications
- As the Leaves Turn Gold: Asian Americans and Experiences of Aging (Diversity and Aging)
- Ageing in Singapore: Service needs and the state (Routledge Contemporary Southeast Asia Series)
- The Senior Cohousing Handbook, 2nd Edition: A Community Approach to Independent Living
Additional info for Budgeting for Public Managers