By Zachary Taylor,Subramanyam Ranganathan
A sensible, step by step advisor to designing world-class, excessive availability platforms utilizing either classical and DFSS reliability techniques
Whether designing telecom, aerospace, automobile, clinical, monetary, or public protection platforms, each engineer goals for the maximum reliability and availability within the platforms he, or she, designs. yet among the dream of world-class functionality and fact falls the shadow of complexities which can bedevil even the main rigorous layout approach. whereas there are an array of sturdy predictive engineering instruments, there was no single-source consultant to knowing and utilizing them . . . till now.
Offering a case-based method of designing, predicting, and deploying world-class high-availability platforms from the floor up, this e-book brings jointly the easiest classical and DFSS reliability recommendations. even though it specializes in technical points, this advisor considers the company and marketplace constraints that require that platforms be designed correct the 1st time.
Written in undeniable English and following a step by step "cookbook" layout, Designing excessive Availability Systems:
- Shows the right way to combine an array of design/analysis instruments, together with Six Sigma, Failure research, and Reliability Analysis
- Features many real-life examples and case reports describing predictive layout tools, tradeoffs, threat priorities, "what-if" situations, and more
- Delivers quite a few high-impact takeaways so you might observe in your present initiatives immediately
- Provides entry to MATLAB courses for simulating challenge units awarded, besides PowerPoint slides to aid in outlining the problem-solving process
Designing excessive Availability Systems is an necessary operating source for method engineers, software/hardware architects, and undertaking groups operating in all industries.
Read or Download Designing High Availability Systems: DFSS and Classical Reliability Techniques with Practical Real Life Examples PDF
Best electronics books
This publication will introduce layout methodologies, referred to as Built-in-Self-Test (BiST) and Built-in-Self-Calibration (BiSC), which complement the robustness of radio frequency (RF) and millimeter wave (mmWave) built-in circuits (ICs). those circuits are utilized in present and rising communique, computing, multimedia and biomedical items and microchips.
This booklet presents the reader with wisdom on a large choice of radiation fields and their results at the digital units and platforms. the writer covers faults and screw ups in ULSI units precipitated through a large choice of radiation fields, together with electrons, alpha-rays, muons, gamma rays, neutrons and heavy ions.
This e-book describes the optimized implementations of numerous mathematics datapath, controlpath and pseudorandom series generator circuits for consciousness of excessive functionality mathematics circuits exact in the direction of a particular relatives of the high-end box Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs). It explores commonplace, modular, cascadable and bit-sliced architectures of those circuits, by way of without delay instantiating the objective FPGA-specific primitives within the HDL.
This publication describes tools for dispensing strength in excessive velocity, excessive complexity built-in circuits with strength degrees exceeding many tens of watts and tool provides lower than a volt. It presents a large and cohesive therapy of energy supply and administration platforms and comparable layout difficulties, together with either circuit community versions and layout innovations for on-chip decoupling capacitors, supplying perception and instinct into the habit and layout of on-chip strength distribution platforms.
- EDA for IC System Design, Verification, and Testing (Electronic Design Automation for Integrated Circuits Hdbk)
- Filter Design Techniques: Analog and Digital Filters, Frequency Selective and Matched Filters, Adaptive Matched Filter and Template Design (Technical LAP Series Book 7)
- Grundlagen der Kommunikationstechnik (Pearson Studium - Elektrotechnik) (German Edition)
- Signal- und Rauschanalyse mit Quellenverschiebung: Elektronische Schaltungen grafisch gelöst (German Edition)
- Characterization in Silicon Processing (Materials Characterization)
Extra resources for Designing High Availability Systems: DFSS and Classical Reliability Techniques with Practical Real Life Examples